Learn to Eco-Print on Paper at the Abbeyleix Bog Walk
At this hands-on, practical workshop, create your own natural, botanical art print on paper using leaves and flowers from the trees and plants of Ireland’s Ancient East.
Explore the Abbeyleix boardwalk beside the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, and soak in the magnificent energy of the trees as we forage materials. Then, learn traditional dyeing skills and experiment with different natural dyes and layouts on handmade papers, capturing the spirit of the lush Laois landscape by gently rolling your designs into bundles.
As we wait in anticipation for the dye to fix, we will have a cup of tea and discuss the dye process and the bright colours associated with our ancestors before revealing your design which can be used as a wall print or card design.
Date: Wednesday 28th October 2020
Location: Terrace at the end of the carpark of Abbeyleix Manor Hotel (please arrive in time for the workshop to begin promptly at 11).
Directions: Available here on the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel website.
Parking: Parking is available.
- Some standing and crouching is required. Please indicate any accessibility requirements at the booking stage and I will be happy to accommodate them where possible. While you will wear gloves, your hands and clothes may get a little marked! This is an outdoor event with uneven ground, so please dress accordingly.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the maximum number of places available for this workshop is 6. Angelina’s ArtVentures has undergone appropriate safety training with Fáilte Ireland, and is committed to the COVID-19 Safety Charter.
- Please supply the following details during online booking (under special instructions) for contact tracing, & to ensure we get started promptly:
- Your name, phone number and where you are from.
- Participants will need to sign a standard disclaimer in line with COVID-19 regulations, and a personal injury waiver.
About Angelina Foster
As an artist and printmaker, I am inspired by words, stories, and symbols from Ireland’s past. My hands-on, creative workshops feature ancient skills including printing, book-making, book-binding, and grave-rubbing.
Each artistic experience gives the chance to explore your own creativity and be inspired by traditional stories and techniques. I run my workshops at characterful locations throughout Ireland’s Ancient East. And my creative workshops can be tailored for different age groups, themes and interests.