Learn to Eco-Print on Paper at Kilkea Castle during European Heritage Week
At this hands-on, practical workshop, create your own natural, botanical art print on paper using leaves and flowers from the trees and plants of Ireland’s Ancient East.
Explore the beauty of the 12th-century castle set in the beautiful Kildare countryside and soak in the magnificent energy of the local trees as we forage materials. Then, learn traditional dyeing skills and experiment with different natural dyes and layouts on handmade papers.
You'll capture the spirit of the lush landscape on paper in your own unique design as you gently roll your designs into bundles. And, as we wait in anticipation for the dyes to fix, we will have a cup of tea and discuss the dyeing process and the bright colours associated with our ancestors. At the end of the workshop, we will reveal our designs, and you can bring your eco-print home to use it as a wall print or card design.
Date: Tuesday 8th September 2020
Location: Kilkea Castle (please arrive in time for the workshop to begin promptly at 11). We will meet at the main Castle entrance.
Directions: Available here on the Kilkea Castle website.
Parking: Parking is available in the main car park.
- Some standing and crouching is required. Please indicate any accessibility requirements at the booking stage and I will be happy to accommodate them where possible. While you will wear gloves, your hands and clothes may get a little marked! This is an outdoor event with uneven ground, so please dress accordingly.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the maximum number of places available for this workshop is 6. Angelina’s ArtVentures has undergone appropriate safety training with Fáilte Ireland, and is committed to the COVID-19 Safety Charter.
- Please supply the following details during online check-in (under special instructions) for contact tracing, & to ensure we get started promptly:
- Your name, phone number and where you are from.
- Participants will need to sign a standard disclaimer in line with COVID-19 regulations, and a personal injury waiver.
About Angelina Foster
As an artist and printmaker, I am inspired by words, stories, and symbols from Ireland’s past. My hands-on, creative workshops feature ancient skills including printing, book-making, book-binding, and grave-rubbing.
Each artistic experience gives the chance to explore your own creativity and be inspired by traditional stories and techniques. I run my workshops at characterful locations throughout Ireland’s Ancient East. And my creative workshops can be tailored for different age groups, themes and interests.