Workshops with Angelina Foster
My hands-on, creative workshops feature ancient skills including printing, book-making, book-binding, and grave-rubbing.
Each artistic experience gives the chance to explore your own creativity and be inspired by traditional stories and techniques. I run my workshops at characterful locations throughout Ireland’s Ancient East. And my creative workshops can be tailored for different age groups, themes and interests.
Why not take the opportunity to immerse yourself in the heritage, culture, and language of Ireland? Learn new skills with ancient roots as you find out more about our rich history and pick up a few Irish words along the way!
- Master traditional craft skills that will last a lifetime.
- Create unique mementoes of your holiday.
- Craft beautiful records of your family’s past.
- Learn the stories and the skills behind the monuments of Ireland’s Ancient East.
A number of outdoor workshops and experiences are scheduled for Autumn 2020 & Spring 2021, with full social distancing and COVID-19 safety measures in place.
- Eco-Printing on Paper at Abbeyleix Bog Walk - 24 March 2021, 11am
- Grave-Rubbing Experience at Kilkea Castle - 26 March 2021, 2pm
Culture Night 2020
I hosted workshops in a number of locations in South Kildare, and made a short film for Kildare Culture Night. Check it on You Tube https://youtu.be/RfntTp18to8
- Print a Tee or Tote as Gaeilge
- 'Stitch in Time' Journal-Making Workshop (half- and full-day versions available)
- Gravestone Rubbing
- Gravestone Rubbing and Printmaking
- Eco-printing on Paper
- Personalise Your Geneaological Record
A number of my workshops are tailored for teens and families:
- Print a Tote as Gaeilge
- Brass Rubbing
- Gravestone Rubbing
- Make Pochoir Stencil Cards
Arrange Your Workshop
I run workshops for groups, tour operators, and organisations such as councils, libraries and museums, as well as for festivals and private companies. All workshops can be tailored to suit your location or event, so do get in touch to find out how we can work together.