Celebrate Irish women's history and heritage when you wear the Daughters of Ireland Organic t-shirt.
Inghinidhe na hÉireann means Daughters of Ireland as Gaeilge.
This Irish language t-shirt pays tribute to Inghinidhe na hÉireann, a women's organisation that was founded in 1900 and merged into Cumann na mBan in 1914. The design is dedicated to their part in the Celtic revival of language, folklore, poetry and art, and the events which led to Easter 1916 Rising.
A Design Inspired by Women's History
I was involved in an exhibition to commemorate the 1916 Rising in Ireland in 2016, and it struck me that Inghinidhe na hÉireann and Maude Gonne were almost forgotten about as they didn't take part in 1916.
Maude Gonne and Alice Milligan had toured the countryside of Ireland with their vivant tableaux, a kind of popup theatre that brought back the old stories of Celtic legends, language and heritage to the people.
In this design, to commemorate their efforts, I chose to use the spiral from the entrance stone of Newgrange, I drew with charcoal to create an ancient, carved effect, and the dots I included were inspired by jewellery in the National Museum of Ireland, perfectly round but ancient.
- 100% ORGANIC RING-SPUN COMBED COTTON
- Hand-printed in Ireland on 155G Fairwear t-shirts (therefore child labour free)
- Ladies medium fit (not square) with lovely neckline
- Vegan Approved
- Packaged in recycled paper with story of design
- Eco friendly tees
- Clothing & ink manufacturers are chemical free GOTs certified
- Free Shipping on orders over €30